Ventura Internet Crime Lawyer
Legal Defense for Cybercrimes in California
Internet crime is a relatively new field of law that is constantly developing. Because of this, there are few precedents to refer to when an individual is charged with an Internet crime. These are serious crimes that come with severe punishments if you are convicted.
If you are facing any type of Internet crime, contact our Ventura firm immediately to get started on your case.
California Internet Criminal Charges
Internet crimes can refer to any number of crimes that are perpetrated over the Internet, including:
- Internet pornography, including possession, manufacture, and distribution of pornography
- Phishing schemes that involve deceiving a person into providing confidential information, such as a social security number, or credit card or bank information.
- Identity theft, which includes committing fraud using someone else's identity
- Internet fraud, such as creating scams that are typically carried out through email or fraudulent sales transactions. Common scams include work-from-home scams, sweepstakes, Craigslist scams, and lottery scams.
- Computer hacking, which can involve accessing someone else's computer data or network without their permission to obtain intellectual property or sensitive data.
- Cyberstalking, such as cyberbullying, harassing or threatening someone over social media.
- Computer crimes against a child, including child pornography related charges
California Penalties for Internet Crimes
Although an Internet sex crime may seem like no big deal, a conviction can land you in serious trouble. Certain crimes, such as child pornography, fraud, and stalking, are illegal without the use of the Internet. In these cases, the internet crime label will be an enhancement, which will lead to stricter punishments.
Internet crimes can lead to the following penalties:
- huge monetary fines
- jail time.
If money was stolen, you may be forced to make restitution to the victims. In addition, anything used to perpetrate the crimes will likely be confiscated, including your computer, printer, cellular phone, and more. Hiring an experienced Ventura cybercrime attorney is your best shot at beating these types of charges and protecting yourself against long-term consequences.
Accused of an Internet Crime?
If you have been accused of an internet crime, we urge you to get in touch with our Ventura internet crime lawyers at Lessem, Newstat & Tooson, LLP right away. Because such crimes have the ability to significantly change the course of your future, it is wise to act quickly. Our team can examine the details of your case and determine which strategies are strongest for your particular case. Over the years, we have obtained the necessary skills and knowledge to obtain positive results for you.
To speak with a Ventura computer crimes lawyer from our team, give us a call today!
I have nothing but praise.
We are very pleased and impressed!
DEFINITELY the best lawyer!
I will recommend you and your firm to anyone.
No Jail Time